Welcome!

Welcome everyone to my blog for my books The Community Vampire Series. I am an Indie Author and presently writing my 5th book in this series. It all started in 2011, believe it or not, when I had a terrible bout of insomnia for about a year and a half. So what do you do when you cannot sleep and your mind has a crazy imagination? You write 4 books of course!

The truth is, the first 2 books Existence and Lunar Attacks were never really what I had wanted them to be. But I already had more stories to get out of my head and write down, so I never went back to them, until summer 2019. Yes, I went back and nearly doubled the size of the first book and added almost a third more to the second. It was incredibly refreshing and I am so glad I did it.

So what did I add? Well, more time with other characters besides Edric and Thea. Detective Joe Gordon has a more in-depth role from the very beginning, and Mikey, a character who surprised even me with his ability to find his way into my heart and stay alive through all of this. A more complete story has arisen and I am finally happy with the outcome. Do you need to reread the new version if you've already got the 2011 versions? Well, probably not, but if it has been 8 years since you've read them and you plan on reading Book 5: Bloodlines when it comes out this Spring (hopefully), then you may as well just read the new, more complete stories. Admittedly, books 3 and 4 were not changed quite as much.

So what is all this about anyway? Well, obviously from the title, this series is about vampires. Not the sparkly kind either. The sexy and dangerous kind. But it's more than just about their community existing right under our noses. Of course there is a human female love interest, and yes, it is... interesting. There is also a crime solving/puzzle solving piece to it. Here are some break-down summaries of each book, without giving much away at all:

Book 1: Existence
This is the book where we introduce our characters. Edric is the leader of the vampire community and is trying to find out which of his kin has gone against his code and turning children. Thea is a photojournalist who has just moved to Long Island, NY and has crossed paths with Edric, in such a way that some of my readers will get goosebumps from! His right hand "man" Liam plays a key role. Detective Joe Gordon is the lead detective of the Suffolk County police department in the small town of Pellman and is desperately trying to find out what is happening to the missing children. It all comes together in an ending that, I hope, keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Book 2: Lunar Attacks
Is it too predictable? A werewolf has come to town and has targeted Thea for his chosen mate. Edric knows there is no way he can fight the beast alone, and asks for his community to help. Meanwhile, Detective Gordon is coming dangerously close to the real answers to the recent animal attacks in Pellman, which of course, puts Edric and his community at risk. We are more formally introduced to Patrick. Mikey plays a bigger part in this new version of this book, and is quickly becoming a beloved character of mine. I think I'll keep him alive much longer than originally planned.

Book 3: Stigmata
In this book, the vampiress Molly makes a grave mistake over 20 years ago, that is now catching up to her and her kin, especially Edric. The one responsible knows Thea is hiding something from him and sets in motion a plan for a horrific fate for her. Edric comes to her rescue but the battle is not over yet. Dark magic versus vampire.

Book 4: Wandering
OK, admittedly my favorite of all of the books so far. Although, I am thoroughly enjoying writing Bloodlines right now. This idea all started when my husband and I were having a conversation about "the wandering Jew" and what the background to that phrase was. So here's my version: ever wonder what happened to the Roman soldier who pierced Jesus of Nazareth with a spear during the crucifixion? He was cursed to wander the earth until judgement day. But what if there was a loophole? And what if there was a legend that whatever vampire should drink the blood of this man, would become more powerful than ever before? And what if this man happened to meet up with Thea? I took a risk with this one and wrote in such a way that went back and forth between past and present and somehow, it all came together quite nicely. Mikey plays a big part in the ending and you can see his character change at the end.

Book 5: Bloodlines
I am about 100 pages into writing this book. We are finding a whole lot about Edric's past, like the fact that he has a brother Gabriel, and how he spent a good part of his early years as a threat to not only humans, but his own kind as well. We will meet their sire Dario, who has plans for his eldest childe, Edric. We learn who Captain really is, and finally get questions answered about Patrick. Mikey is a major character in this book. Can't tell you much more than that as my muse hasn't let me in on the rest of the details yet.

I plan on posting excerpts from the books in the near future so stay tuned!

I hope this has interested you enough to go ahead and check out the books. They are available on Amazon as either ebooks or paperbacks. Follow the links on this blog to lead you right there. Christmas is coming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woe is I: Editors for Indies

New scene in updated "Existence"

Happy Thanksgiving!